- The information we collect: We will only collect personal information about you and given by you when you submit an enquiry, brochure request or direct application for a course through one of our webforms, or when you register directly for one of our courses or services. In accordance with the GDPR regulations, we will only collect personal data required for each purpose, and hold these details for a set period of time. We will always let you have a copy of all personal information that we have about you if you request it. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purposes for which we use information about our users: We collect information about our users for a variety of purposes. These include the following:
- where users supply data to us in relation to educational services that we offer (for example, to enrol on an NILE course or to obtain information about our educational programmes), data will be processed by us to supply the information requested by our users. Your information is held by NILE in the United Kingdom
- so that we can inform our users of new offers, products, and services which may be of interest to them
- so that we can send our users news and marketing items which are relevant to their interests to help us improve and personalise the services provided to our users. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- Passing on information about you: We will only share your personal information with selected external third parties where necessary, such as:
- partner organisations, for example, educational institutions that co-deliver our courses
- education counsellors that you have engaged with to act on your behalf;
- third party suppliers, service providers and sub-contractors who perform any services for us: for example, payment processing companies who process your payments on our behalf; technology companies whose systems we use; or agencies who provide services to carry out marketing campaigns on our behalf;
- third parties with whom we have a duty to disclose, for example, where disclosure is necessary due to a legal process or an enforceable governmental request, such as a request from UK Visas and Immigration; or third parties we need to share your personal information with if we need to protect you or other people from harm; and
- third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge part of our business to or with. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and require them to process your personal information for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
- Security: Keeping information about you secure is very important to us. We use the highest standards of encryption for online transactions involving sensitive data such as credit card details. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. NILE will take all reasonable precautions to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your user data under our control. Only authorized employees and subcontractors will be given access to the information you provide to us.
- Transferring your information abroad: Information supplied to us by you will only be transferred abroad by us or our partners for the purpose of performing contractual obligations owed by us to you; for example, to supply an educational agent in your country or region with your information to enable that agent to provide you with services you require.
- How can you access and update information which we hold about you?
- you can request to see the data NILE hold for you by emailing us at email@example.com
- you can unsubscribe from NILE communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audio-Visual recordings: From time to time, NILE may take photos or videos for promotional material or social media feeds. These images do not have any contractual value. By enrolling on a NILE course attendees consent to their image being published in such a way. Attendees who do not wish to have their image used in this way should inform the Registrar in writing before or on the first day of their course.
Last updated: October 2018