At NILE, the welfare of our students and staff is always our top priority. Following the UK government’s easing of the COVID-19 restrictions we are looking ahead to re-opening our course centre in Norwich.
We are delighted to welcome our first course participants back in to NILE this month. This article aims to set out the measures we will have in place to keep participants, staff and the community safe.
- Until further notice, participants on the NILE premises agree to either provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours of the course start date in order to complete enrolment
- Staff and students working on NILE’s premises agree to take two Rapid (Lateral Flow) Covid-19 tests per week through home test kits.
- Anyone testing positive for Covid-19 or displaying Covid-19 symptoms immediately before or during their course will not be allowed to enter NILE’s premises and will be required to follow national guidelines on self-isolation and testing. NILE will endeavour to support any participant or member of staff both practically and academically should the situation arise.
- Staff and students are also strongly encouraged to wear face masks indoors including in classrooms (unless medically exempt).
- In line with government guidelines, social distancing will be promoted and doors and windows will be left open to maximise ventilation. Increased cleaning of classrooms and touch points will take place.
- NILE strongly encourages everyone in our community to get fully vaccinated (subject to any underlying medical conditions).
- A substitute online course will be offered for the same enrolment period if possible
- Postponement for a new start date within 12 months of the original enrolment date
- A course which has already begun will, if possible, be continued online without interruption and will revert to face to face when NILE reopens
If the course is postponed no additional administration fees will be charged. If the above options (online or postponement) are not possible NILE will refer to its terms & conditions regarding Liability.
Staff are working in the office and remotely, supporting our hundreds of current online students as we continue deliver a fantastic experience for both them, and our face-to-face participants. We have recently moved to a brand new eLearning platform, with a fresh new look and new functionality added to the same great content, and so far, the feedback has been great.We will continue to update you regularly via the website, social media and email on our plans for re-opening the Norwich centre. Please contact us on our usual emails, via the website or directly through your tutor with any queries on current or future courses and projects.