At NILE, the welfare of our students and staff is always our top priority. Following the UK government’s removal of the COVID-19 restrictions in England we are delighted to once again have a busy centre full of participants.
This article aims to set out the measures we will have in place to keep participants, staff and the community safe.
- Staff and students working on NILE’s premises are encouraged to take Rapid (Lateral Flow) Covid-19 tests regularly, and immediately in the event of symptoms, through home test kits.
- Anyone testing positive for Covid-19 or displaying Covid-19 symptoms immediately before or during their course will be required to follow national guidelines on self-isolation and testing to contain the virus. NILE will endeavour to support any participant or member of staff both practically and academically should the situation arise.
- Mask wearing is welcome by staff and students, especially when moving around in the building.
- In line with government guidelines, social distancing will be promoted and doors and windows will be left open to maximise ventilation. Increased cleaning of classrooms and touch points will take place.
- NILE strongly encourages everyone in our community to get fully vaccinated (subject to any underlying medical conditions).
- A substitute online course will be offered for the same enrolment period if possible
- Postponement for a new start date within 12 months of the original enrolment date
- A course which has already begun will, if possible, be continued online without interruption and will revert to face to face when NILE reopens
If the course is postponed no additional administration fees will be charged. If the above options (online or postponement) are not possible NILE will refer to its terms & conditions regarding liability.
Staff are working in the office and remotely, supporting our hundreds of current online students as we continue deliver a fantastic experience for both them and our face-to-face participants.We will continue to update you regularly via the website, social media and email on our plans for face-to-face courses in Norwich, Ireland and Malta. Please contact us on our usual emails, via the website or directly through your tutor with any queries on current or future courses and projects.