Simon is a NILE Associate Trainer and has lived and worked in Sudan, China, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Poland.
He is now based in Britain, Current interests include teacher education, early start English project evaluation, curriculum mapping and review, trainer training, and classroom assessment.
- Three review articles for ELT Journal, articles for Children and Teenagers (IATEFL) article (with Sue Leather) in English Teaching Professional 2011-2012
- Do and Learn Distance learning package with print support and video for teachers of English for Egyptian Ministry of Education 2002
- The Musicians of Bremen (graded reader) (Penguin Longman) 2000
- Edited Lessons Distance learning package and video with Association of Teachers of English, Czech Republic 1995
- Alternatives for English Teachers Distance learning package and video with Association of Teachers of English, Czech Republic 1994